|А) Work with clients:
· Acquaintance with and formulation of the problem;
· Assessment of the difficulties connected with the access to the respective services and elaboration of a work plan on the case.
B) Facilitation of the process of access to services in the sphere of health care for people, needing medical assistance:
· Helps (accompanies, informs, clarifies, explains) with the contacts between the GP and/or other medical experts and the patient;
· Carries out patronage services to families at risk, pregnant women and young mothers.
C) Assistance in the communications with the Health Insurance Fund:
· The health mediator provides information on the necessity and significance of the services, provided by the National Health Insurance Fund and helps with the filling in of the necessary documentation;
· Informs and clarifies what are the patient’s rights and responsibilities.
D) Assistance with the communications with the Department for Social Assistance, the State Agency for Child Protection and the Commission for Protection against Discrimination:
· The Mediator provides information about the functioning of these institutions and facilitates the clients’ access to them;
· The Mediator approaches the respective institutions about cases of violated rights (children’s, social and human rights).
E) Health education and prevention care for the population:
· Consults the target group on issues related to family planning and reproductive health;
· Explains the benefits of vaccinations and immunizations;
· Gives advice about the principles of general hygiene and essential health issues;
· Provides information and materials on healthful life;
· Works together with the RICPHP and RHC and assists for the implementation of their programmes.